Followers

Thursday, December 29, 2022

53 Degrees. I'll Take It!

Felt so good this morning!




The ponies started off wearing their blankets this morning.

Seamus enjoyed a walk on the frozen ditch.


After chores Janet and I continued to work on the frozen water trough and because of her unbelievable strength (6th degree black belt), we were able to dump out the remains.  It will take days for this part to melt and we had already taken out at least 150 pounds of ice that we had attacked with the claw hammers.  Now it is bleached, scrubbed and refilled.




Before leaving to play bridge I took the blankets off Seamus and Rebel.
My partner and I came in 2nd....what a surprise....we had such terrible hands.
Home around 4:15 and decided to make a very simple dinner.  First I boiled some diced potatoes.  Then I sautéed some onions, roasted red peppers and a tomato....beat 7 eggs with a little milk and dumped
everything together in a pie plate.
Gary put it in the oven while I went out for chores.




Little Wonder and the ponies were naked tonight.


The ice melted a little....tomorrow it should be in the 50s and more should disappear.

Dinner was delicious!
Night all.

 

2 comments:

Val Ewing said...

What a bout a tank heater? Or is there no place around to plug it in? I use heaters which saves us a lot of headaches in the winter. The equine have water heated to 45 degrees all winter long.

Sandra said...

That is a lot of work to empty that ice out! That's warm, is it normal to get that warm? We have a high of 18 F today.