Followers

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

I'M STARTING TO GET THE LEAD OUT!

I'm beginning to think that my activity is very dependent on the weather.

Back to beautiful skies, and I am energized.

A little late getting out to the barn this morning.

It was quite mild.

All of these shots were taken between 7:45 and 7:50, and the sky looked different in every direction.

The Skoog Farm pigeons were out in full force today. One snuck into the indoor. I got them out at the beginning of October, and today I really slipped up by not closing the door totally.



]

When I was picking the pasture, it was hard to believe that this was the end of November.

Clear skies...over 50 degrees....

green grass....no blankets....

Pretty amazing.

Darrin and Justine were kind enough to drive over to Shephard's Mill for a load of sawdust. I use the entire load the day we get it.

The stalls look gorgeous and deep. Good snoozing tonight!

Naturally, it started to rain before we finished moving the sawdust. Poor Darrin got wet.

At 5 I went out to do chores.

Took a couple of shots in the dark.

Today I put some lights out on the porch...Finn and Coop will like that when they come over for Thanksgiving.

Gayle (in Alaska)! Your pizza looked so good the other day, I had to make some.

Along with a nice salad.

I had some left over spaghetti sauce that I made the other night....the one with red peppers and turkey Italian sausage...added some mozarella cheese and we were in business. The crust was very light and crispy...yum.

When we finished dinner, I made some cranberry orange relish and have started getting the table ready for our Thanksgiving feast.

We will have 12 or 14 people for dinner...family and friends.

I wish you all a very warm and fuzzy holiday with all your friends, families and critters.
Night all.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Grey Horse Matters said...

Beautiful skies. We're warm too. Wishing you and your family a wonderful Thanksgiving.

diane b said...

Hard at it again on the farm. Its good you have mild weather, even though we would call it cold as we rarely get as low as 10C even in winter. I can't believe how short the daylight is there in winter. Your meal looks yummy as usual and I hope you all have a great Thanksgiving feast and holiday.
BTW It takes me 15 mins to walk to the forest and then there are miles of tracks for walking, cycling and horse riding. We are lucky to live so close.

Victoria Cummings said...

Happy Thanksgiving Lori! Your plans sound delightful and your food looks delicious. I know you'll have a great time!

Maery Rose said...

I know what you mean about your life being run by the weather. I'm always looking at the predictions 5 days out and making my plan of attack. The colder weather is starting up. Had to plug in the tank heater this evening.

Gayle said...

The pizza turned out great! Salad looks good, too. Can't wait to see your Thanksgiving spread. I'm sure you out-did yourself. What does a load of sawdust cost in your area? I'll have to see what it is here to compare. Sawdust is so much easiers to clean than the straw I used. (Straw works better for the goose, I think.). Hope you have a wonderful holiday.