Followers

Friday, November 13, 2009

THIS AND THAT...AGAIN

If only I liked to drink coffee. The sun was paying it's usual visit through the kitchen windows.

THIS morning the temperature was a little over 20. THAT is pretty cold.

More frost.



Gucci and Phoebe needed their coats.



It was only 24 when I got out to the barn.

Put the hay in the back paddock so the horses could absorb the heat of the sun.



The frost line.....

Eventually it melted off and the horses went out to the pasture.



I picked the pastures after I finished the stalls.

Ran down to Tractor supply to pick up a couple of bags of shavings. PC and Pony needed a little more bedding in their stalls and I'm not quite ready to go to the mill for more sawdust. I'll have to get a few extra loads before it snows.



The dogs came along for the ride. Gucci got up on the back shelf in my PT Cruiser and was following me through that filthy back window.

Got home and dragged as much of the outdoor ring as I could. The East end was still too muddy.

Gary was still working on the foundation of the horse barn.

By now the temperature reached the low 50s and I decided to go down to Apple Creek Farm to get some more apples. Generally I am able to do this until December, as the ones on the ground are protected by the grass that surrounds them.

Got home around 3:45.

Beautiful light...almost everyday between 4 and 5.



Quite a perfect fall day.

Our friend Judy arrived in Brockport yesterday (from Florida) and stopped by to present us with a gift from a museum in Israel. A form of folk art that I will photograph and post tomorrow. We invited her to stay for dinner (big salads) and listened to the tales of her trip in front of the fire.

I skipped out for 10 minutes to get the grain ready and put the horses in.

It sure gets dark early these days. Night all.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We're not quite as cold as you, and it's supposed to warm up this weekend. Frost every morning, though.

Loved those apples - they look really good!

Unknown said...

Looks like you had a beautiful day too. A bit cold though in the morning! brrrrrr.

diane b said...

Another full day I see. The puppies look cute and warm in their coats.

Gayle said...

I can't believe all those apples are just left on the ground. I would feed them to my kids! We pay $1.98 per pound here so I don't have them all the time. What do you pay? We are down to -11 right now. Could get to -20 this weekend. Not really happy about that at all.