Followers

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

ELECTION DAY....DID YOU VOTE?

Not as cold as it was yesterday morning. It was supposed to rain, but we only got a 2 minute shower around 1pm.

Chores went quickly...the pups were happy to go back in the house.

I went back out to pick the pastures while I waited for Jenny to bring up Cooper. Election Day is a biggy for her as she has been working on it for months. She had plenty to do, so we were happy to help her out.

The horses were very frisky.

I don't know what they were looking at...maybe deer...who knows?

Gary played with the Coop and I made him lunch...he had quite an appetite. Kevin picked him up at 12:30.

At 1:30 my class arrived. They are all moving right along.























































Deb continued to work on illustrations for her book. She has a real style that comes through in each painting.








































Below, is a portrait of Lightning in Pastel Pencils. He was a boarder over at Sandy's and she is doing it for his owner.

Mel is still working on his colored pencil drawing of a bird....

And completed his painting of a polar bear.

I ran out to the barn to grab a bit for Tina to try on Sunshine. The sky was getting very dark.
Hey! Tina's drawing did not show up. I will have to post it tomorrow!



More blossoms hanging on for dear life. It almost felt like we were going to get some hail late afternoon. The temperature really dropped.

Around 4 I went down to vote... turn out was luke warm when I got there. In our County, this is a very important election. Right now I am listening to the results...no final numbers yet.

It started to rain, so I put the horses in a little early.

Gucci was game for going out with me....

while Phoebe did this.


I forgot to post last nights dinner. It was sort of interesting. Chicken Helene, roasted potatoes and brussel sprouts, with a side of homemade applesauce.

Tonight we had a salad topped with the leftover chicken and brussel sprouts....and I added red peppers, onion, avacado and crumbly blue. The dressing was a a mustard based vinaigrette.
I would definitely do this again. Served it with a side of warm cornbread.

Have to go tune in to the election results. Night all.

3 comments:

photogchic said...

I love brussel sprouts...my favorite. My boyfriend bakes then with herb de provence (did I spell that right?) and parsnips...they are so yummy.

diane b said...

Yum ! Can I come to dinner? I'm with the puppy who stayed inside snuggled into the couch. While you are getting low temps ours shot up the mercury today. It is still Spring but we had a summer day of 35C/95F. The art work is lovely.

Anonymous said...

I had roasted sprouts with my dinner last night as well - my husband won't eat them.

I would have voted, but there were no elections here this year.