Followers

Monday, November 16, 2009

MORNING....NOON....AND....NIGHT

Morning....

The sky is my weakness...

I let the dogs out and stand on the back porch in my PJs... in awe of what I see.











Got out of the house around 7:30. Coolish and bright.

Cleaned stalls and mulched the paddocks.

The horses tend to go for the hay more now...before it was grass first.



Noon....

In the middle of running errands I picked up a couple of slices of New York style pizza for lunch.

I was at the bank for nearly 2 hours getting through some paperwork.

Then I headed over to Tractor Supply to pick up 3 more bags of shavings. Not to much more than that will fit in the back seat of my car. Too lazy to go over and get some sawdust!

When I got home, the sun was still bright but the temperature never went over the low 40s.
Jean stopped in with her artwork for the exhibition on Saturday and volunteered to help me drive everything I have collected out to Albion on Wednesday. Hopefully I will have more help.
(Should have nearly 80-100 pieces).

Out to do evening chores at 5:00 so we could leave for Rochester by 5:30.

Night..... We were off.

Back in August, Jenny gave me a gift card for my birthday. It was for a restaurant in the city.

I will attempt to give you a review...Skoog Farm Style...of our experience.

Tonight my husband and I decided to check out the dining scene at ONE (restaurant & lounge)
located at 1 Ryan Alley in the East End of Rochester.

The minute we walked in the door we knew it was going to be a good experience.

Great atmosphere, soft lighting and a friendly hostess.

Our waitress, Nicole, was full of personality and very attentive.


The menu was loaded with unique offerings. Gary had a glass of wine and we placed our order.
I don't know about you, but if I start out with soup or appetizers it is difficult to finish the main course. We got right to it. Each of us ordered the house salad....Gary chose "Butter poached scallops with fingerling potatoes & bacon served with littleneck clam broth" (and a light pesto sauce). I had "Grilled filet mignon with creamed leeks & bacon and blue cheese fritters." We split a side of house cut fries.

Out of repect for the restaurant, I did not use the flash on my camera, so the food pictures are not all that great (but the food sure was)!







There were several projectors hanging above us, pointed toward the wall behind the bar. Every few minutes, the scene changed...some shots of well known art and others of the city.





The lighting throughout the restaurant was outstanding, and this just added to it.

Gary had a cup of coffee and it was time to go.

By the way, we were seated by the fireplace (Frank).

On the way out we caught a glimpse of the kitchen, which looked very clean and organized.

Upstairs they have a nightclub that is jumping Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights.

I would have to give One a 5 star rating for 5 reasons...
1. atmosphere
2. service
3. unique menu
4. excellent presentation
5.great food

It's almost tomorrow! Night all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you have a weakness for the sky - your pictures are always lovely! Sounds like you had quite the wonderful evening out!