Followers

Tuesday, May 16, 2023

Weeds and The Dynamic Duo

Breezy with a lot of sunshine.  The ponies are in a good groove and seem to be doing fine going in later at night.






Time to clean the water trough and refill it.  It took Rebel and Buddy quite awhile to drink it down.

Every spring this space (that is supposed to be a garden) gets filled with 3 foot high sticky weeds before Gary can get to it.  There are three hydrangea bushes that get choked to death so I decided to pull out as much as I could today so he has a head start.  Two heaping wheel barrows.  I'm ready to turn part of this area into grass so we can get a grip on it.   The North side is in pretty good shape.  Day Lillies, roses and comfrey.
As you can see, Little Wonder is looking like himself.  He was not limping at all.
We had a little nap time....

before two guys came to install storm doors on the North and South sides of our kitchen.
They should make quite a difference.
Earlier I made a pot of sauce with meatballs and dinner was

delicious.  We needed a pasta fix.
After dinner Little Wonder and I went for a ride to Brockport so I could vote on the school budget.

The sun was starting to set and it was gorgeous.
Back to the farm in time to put the horses in.
But they did not want to cooperate!  There was a big truck and trailer in our driveway with lots of noise coming from the storm door installers and they were not happy about it.



This was a first and I was not happy.


Eventually I got Rebel in his stall and Buddy would not follow.  He ran around and went everywhere but to his stall.  Of course that put him in a sweat.

15 minutes later I managed to get a rope around his neck and led him in.  I towel rubbed him, brushed him and even did a little sponging to get him to cool down.  Did not give him all of his dinner....mostly hay.  It was after 9:30 when I got in the house.
I am very happy with the new storm doors.  Josh worked until after dark and will finish up tomorrow.
I replaced the Twinkie lights on the back porch and it's much lighter now.
I'm pooped and it's late.
Night all.

 

1 comment:

Sandra said...

You're missing your sensible pony. Rebel is a good mover, really nice trot. I have unfortunately been in that position and it is frustrating and doesn't put a happy finish to the day!