Followers

Friday, May 26, 2023

Alice and Buddy

Could not ask for a more beautiful day.

Boy!  Do I ever appreciate having a new fence in the front paddock.

Rebel and Buddy spend much more time together than they used to.


Gary's San Marzano tomatoes are still growing....pretty slow if you ask me.
When Little Wonder and I got back in the house I was in the mood for a smoothie.  Becoming my favorite breakfast.
A few short weeks ago my friend Alice's husband passed away after having a tough time for many months.  Several years ago she would come here to hangout with the ponies and loved it.  So, I called and asked if she would like to return and help me with Buddy (her favorite dog was also called Buddy). There is something about being near a horse that is so soothing.  This morning she arrived at 10:30.  We took a little tour and then brought them into the grooming room.
Buddy was a little revved.  I put him in the cross ties and Rebel was in a stall.
Alice's voice is so calming, that and the massage he was getting settled him.
Rebel was second and of course he loved it and was well behaved.  The next time I have to take their masks off before I start taking pictures!
Gary came back to the grooming room to say hello and we were all done by noon.  Hopefully she will be spending more time with the horses on a regular basis.  So nice to have her here.
Gary's mulch was delivered today.  He is going to be busy.
Dinner was a big salad topped with a little chicken.  Delicious.














Night all.

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are a good friend to people who could use a little extra TLC. Horses, well all pets, seems to provide that unconditional love.
Last night we had the salad you had tonight. Good way to use up rotisserie chicken and greens. Kathy

Sandra said...

You've gotta love a new fence! I hope Alice comes by regularly. Nothing like a horse to make you feel good.

Val Ewing said...

Equine therapy. There is nothing like it. You are a good friend to ask her to come over and spend time!