Followers

Thursday, May 4, 2023

Over the Hump

Perhaps this will be our last cold and rainy day for awhile.  In fact, the sun is shining now.









After chores I kept busy until it was time to take a shower before going to bridge.

It's the birthday of a local photographer, and a REMEMBERING BROCKPORT group has been posting photographs taken by her (Helen Phillips Simpson).  I jumped on the band wagon and added these.  (Taken in the 70s).



I called Buddy's vet to make an appointment for him to get his spring shots and she surprised me by being able to come at 5 tonight (she was in the neighborhood).  He was good for the first one and was not happy about the second.  Turned them back out for awhile.


It was the most beautiful part of the day.







We were still on a vegetarian kick and had eggs, home fries and toast for dinner.  Simple.
Now we have a fire going and when I finish doing this I'm going to sit right in front of it.
Night all.

 

2 comments:

Val Ewing said...

LOL...nobody likes shots!

We used to have to put my Badger mule in a two horse trailer so he'd stand for the vet. She administered his shots from the second stall in the trailer and did her blood pulls too. For whatever reason, he stood like a statue while in the trailer for her.

Have a wonderful day, we are having beautiful weather this morning.

Sandra said...

Look at you and Gary! May I say...adorable. All of you.

I only have one horse who is very difficult for shots. I've always given them myself and they just stand for it. Except one mare. We are expecting rain this afternoon and all day tomorrow.