Followers

Tuesday, May 2, 2023

We Lost Sophie Today....

The past 4 weeks have been devastating here at Skoog Farm.  First we lost Ronin, then Seamus and now Sophie. This morning she was unable to stand up, kept falling over and I was able to get her to the Animal Hospital at 10.  I heard from her previous owner and was told that she was 13 or 14 years old.  The sweetest most innocent cat.  She has had a good life here and we are going to miss her.



It was another cold and damp day.
I did not have time to groom Buddy and Rebel until tonight so they were turned out with their shavings attached.
Of course Buddy had slept on a pile of manure and was a mess.



Got home from the Animal Hospital at 11:30 and continued using a lot of Kleenex.





I've been laying low trying to give my back a rest, but did make a good dinner.  Drumsticks with carrots and caramelized onions, rice and coleslaw.  We both prefer eating dinner before chores so that is going to continue.







It was raining when I went out to tuck the boys in and they were happy to get in their cozy stalls.


I hope tomorrow is a better day.
Night all.




7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry. You have lost so many beloved friends of late. My heart is with you.
Please Take Care,
Kaye

Anonymous said...

Oh my Lori, I get just as upset and emotional over pets as you do. I am so sorry you lost Sophie as I love your kitty pictures.
I feel so bad for you going through all this and not feeling your best. Kathy

Marcy said...

I am so sorry, I feel for you. Sendin hugs.

Tomato Thymes said...

Lori I am so sorry. Sending a virtual hug. Lisa

Nancy J said...

I truly cannot find the right words tonight. Sadness, grief, and loving memories all rolled into one. XXXXXX

thecrazysheeplady said...

Oh Lori...I am so sorry :'-(

Sandra said...

Oh, Lori I am so sorry. This has been an awful time for you. Give yourself some downtime, rest and grieve.