Followers

Sunday, May 7, 2023

From Sunshine to Raindrops

Boy!  the temperature sure took a dive this afternoon.




After chores I went into the grooming room and cleaned the ponies halters and leads.   Because I had the door open, they were very curious about what I was doing.








By the time I finished, it was pretty warm so I put fly masks on both.  I don't think Buddy ever wore one and he was very cooperative.

Our crabapple tree is blooming like crazy and I expect the big apple tree to be next.
Gary did more hand mowing today.  It's not easy for him with his new hip.




Linda K. stopped up for some rhubarb.
That motivated me to make rhubarb Betty.


Jenny and Scott stopped in around 3:30 as she was going to help me do a good grooming.  Buddy had never been in this space.
We finished by worming them.

They were happy to get turned out and ran around for a couple minutes.


By then, the sprinkles turned into rain.

Before leaving, Jenny picked another bouquet of tulips.
I went out to do evening chores....




Little Wonder and I both got pretty wet.
Gary grilled some Zweigle's for dinner while we finished up.

Nothing fancy tonight.  We had more of Chet's hot sauce, so they were served open faced with everything loaded on top and we had to use forks and knives to eat them.  A side of baked beans and I was in the mood for some carrots.
Night all.

 

3 comments:

Nancy J said...

Gary, we had a self drive lawn mower before we moved here, pull the lower handle back to the other handle and it propels itself along, the only thing, you do need to pull it to reverse it.Honda self propelled !!! Love the tulips.

Val Ewing said...

That looks like a tough place to mow.

What a nice day you guys had.

Sandra said...

Gary is a trooper. Your farm is so pretty, I don't have a tulip on the place. Buddy settled in like a pro, this is a really good thing.