Followers

Thursday, October 20, 2022

Darkness Prevails...

Another cold night, but it was 43 in the barn.  Not too shabby.


The boys were in a very playful mood this morning.


Not even half of the leaves have fallen and the ground is loaded.
After chores I took a shower and at 11 headed out to Batavia to meet Linda L., who was my dressage instructor for many years.  We have not seen each other since the year before Covid so we had a lot of catching up to do.  I really admire this woman, as at 79 (we are both the same age) she is still working with many upper level horses, piaffing away!  I had to be the most inexperienced person she ever gave lessons to, but I had a spectacular horse (Marieke, an Abdullah mare) and she taught us so much.  I was not that hot for showing, but wanted to learn how to ride correctly and classical dressage was the way to go.  If you know me, you realize that I am "Miss Back Yard" and rode strictly for pleasure, spoiling the 6 horses I had at that time.  One of the most important things I learned, was to see, and to this day I know what I am looking at.  Linda spent many summers in Portugal studying with Nuno Oliveira and passed what she learned on to her students.  We were so fortunate to work with such a talented instructor.  It still is so special to me.
Of course I forgot to get my camera out and tried to sneak a photo.
We both enjoy going to Alex's for lunch, so that's where we meet.
After 3 1/2 hours of non stop chatter, we headed home.  So many memories.
It was almost 4 when I got back to the farm.  Ready to hang out by the fire and took a snooze.



I woke up just in time to do evening chores.




By the time I finished (which does not take very long) it was getting pretty dark.



Time to get back to the fire.
Night all.

Note to Sandra in Minnesota.
I don't think Little Wonder would be happy without me, but I know you would love him!!!





 

1 comment:

Sandra said...

I would love him but I wouldn't want to make him or you unhappy! I'll settle for having my heart tugged every time I look at his photos.

Horses do love to play the head game. You had some high end instruction. Not so backyard, I'd say.