Followers

Tuesday, October 11, 2022

So Much Good Light

We had absolutely perfect weather today.
Even tho it cooled down last night we were in the low 70s once the sun appeared.



After chores I decided to do something with the carrots and pulled out half of the row.


Sophie, Little Wonder and I were loving the solar rays.
The potted strawberry plants are currently going nuts!






The carrots came in many forms....many were honkin' huge!
First I dumped them into a bucket of water to get the dirt off, then I peeled them.




I ended up with eight bags of blanched carrots (which I froze) and 4 bags of raw for the ponies.
While I was doing that, the farriers were here to put a new pair of shoes on Ronin.
He was so relaxed.





As you can see, Seamus just loves being under his tree.


These three are always ready for dinner.








Almost dark by 6:45.
No big dinner.  Just some French toast.
Night all.

 

2 comments:

Val Ewing said...

What beautiful lighting! My guys are puttin' on their heavy mule coats for this winter. They are so nice and fuzzy!

Love the photos!

Sandra said...

I'm always ready for dinner, too!! Our trees have mostly dropped their leaves, yours are just turning. I'm feeling the end of the love for food preserving, I'll be glad I did it, but I've seriously had enough. :)