Followers

Saturday, October 8, 2022

Time To Put On The Sheets

Now this was a very raw, cold morning.



We turned the horses out and before cleaning stalls I went back in the house to make sure Lisa was having her breakfast before heading off to the Dressage Clinic at the Renaissance Equestrian Center.

Mady and Joe were here at 7:30 to help with chores.  One more morning to go.

After Lisa left, I went back out and finished the stalls..







At 11:30 we had a hay delivery and Jenny was kind enough to help us stack.

Around noon I went over to Dawns to see how Lisa was doing.

Dawn happened to be riding so I watched the end of her lesson.
I really appreciate Lisa as an instructor.
Got back to the farm about 1pm.
At evening chore time the light was really beautiful.  Leaves have started falling.









The sun was starting to go down when I tucked in the ponies.
Lisa went out for dinner and Gary and I had baked beans, hots and coleslaw.
When she got home we finished the peach pie and had another very interesting conversation about the dressage world.  Really enjoyed hosting her....so interesting in so many ways.  She will be headed back to Florida tomorrow evening.

Night all.

 

2 comments:

Nancy J said...

Lovely to see the ponies playing together, wee Seamus, was it a problem to get a cover small enough? A friend in Alaska, in 3 days the leaves fell and so many others are deep orange. I need to say, we had a warmer morning and glorious sunshine all day.

Sandra said...

Great photos! I know you are enjoying Lisa's company. We are still above average for temperatures.