Followers

Tuesday, October 25, 2022

Thank You Rebel

We are still on a roll.  More amazing weather.  

The routine is the same every morning.



(The view from Rebel's Suite)



Plenty of good light all day long.



I pulled all the carrots....very weirdly shaped.




Hot enough for panting again.

I had a big bowl of leftover rice and decided to invent a new meal.  Started off with some tomato sauce and chili seasonings....
added a few meatballs (had no ground beef) that had been frozen (would leave them out the next time), kidney beans, green beans, black beans and corn.  Finally, the rice.
Little Wonder and I took it easy for awhile, then I went out and raked the indoor.
Janet showed up to ride and I decided it was time for me to get off my butt and put it in a saddle.
Seamus joined us.

We rode inside and outside...Seamus was a little too frisky for Ronin.


I could not ask more of Rebel.  Got right on and he was perfect the entire time.  He and Seamus are both 25 years old and in such good shape.





Both Ronin and Rebel had good rolls after they were turned out.

After chores I put together our dinner.  Ahah!  Power Bowls.

Rice and beans.
greens....
yellow tomatoes...
roasted red peppers...
grated cheddar cheese and
crushed corn chips.  I had no sour cream, salsa or guacamole (which I would have added) so I drizzled on a little Catalina dressing.
Really good!!!
Night all.

4 comments:

Nancy J said...

Seamus, I though you were still a baby, and both 25, doing so well.

Val Ewing said...

Awesome ride! Feels good doesn't it? Well done!

Yes, they sure love to roll afterwards.

Sandra said...

I won't even tell you how long it's been since my butt was in a saddle! We have nothing growing anymore, we've had several hard freezes, so that's it. I can't believe those boys are 25, they look fantastic. I love throwing things together, especially when it turns out really good. Your dinner looks really good.

Dee said...

Dear Lori, thanks so much for taking and sharing those videos. I know next to nothing about horses, but 25 years for the two of t hem seems amazing to me. Horses are such beautiful creatures and I've watching this year a couple of programs on PBS that have taught me so much about how horses have changed history. Life is endlessly interesting, isn't it? and another thing--you are endlessly creative with your music and . . . your cooking! Peace from Dee Ready