Followers

Monday, October 10, 2022

Fried Green Tomatoes

A very nice day.  The inside of the barn was 50 degrees this morning and we ended up in the 60s.





After chores we decided to fix the mats in Ronin's stall and I ended up being in the barn for 3 1/2 hours.
It was hard work....
and we made a mess...
but his suite ended up being gorgeous.





Naturally, the best light appeared late afternoon.


I defrosted some left over vegetarian chili and decided to make some fried green tomatoes before they all disappeared.


Finished making them before chores and popped them in the oven on warm.







I served them on mixed greens with onions....
topped with homemade Russian dressing.  Yum.

Night all.

 

2 comments:

Sandra said...

It's currently 70 with a high of 80. Not usual. I plan to make salsa verde with the green tomatoes I picked. Your dinner looks delicious.

Nancy J said...

We give the shavings from Hugh's woodwork to a friend with her horses, she says they tell her " It's like sleeping on pure freshly ironed linen sheets of the highest quality " . Ronin, be thankful too, as I'm sure you are.