Followers

Friday, October 21, 2022

We Are Catching A Real Break

Boy, did we ever hit the weather jackpot....and it's supposed to stay like this for almost an entire week.  Over 60 degrees this afternoon (started out at 37).






Janet and I were inspired to do some serious pasture picking.
By the time we finished, the horses were ready to start their naked vacation.







I  had all the ingredients and decided to make some butternut squash/apple soup.
(The butternut squash came from a volunteer plant that grew on the side of our manure pile...appetizing, right)?





I also changed the sheets and did a couple loads of laundry.
Little Wonder thinks it's ok to jump up on the mattress pad to take a snooze in the sunshine.  While he was doing that, about 50 lady bugs showed up in the bedroom.  I captured them and put them outside.
It was still gorgeous at evening chore time.









Dinner was delicious.

Night all.



 

3 comments:

Nancy J said...

And so the night sky through the window ends another day, everything looks wonderful, even quite warm later on, was that a frost on the far grass?

Anonymous said...

I made butternut squash/apple soup this week and added a can of coconut milk at the end of cooking time. It was so creamy and good. Enjoy this wonderful weather! Kathy

Sandra said...

I had a pumpkin plant grow in the manure pile years ago. I tossed a dead one in there and it paid me with pumpkins! We are also having beautiful weather.