Followers

Monday, October 31, 2022

Corn Chowder 101

Much milder this morning and the sunrise was spectacular.

At 7 it looked like this.

By 7:30 the colors were more vibrant.









After chores Little Wonder and I went out to the indoor to work on the footing.

I gathered all the ingredients and started making Corn Chowder when we got back in the house.


Here is the recipe and per usual I did not follow it.  Used a very large onion, added a diced carrot, put in extra potatoes, 2 cans of corn plus 2 cans of creamed corn, 4+ cups of broth and milk instead of half and half.  Did not have thyme, but did have fresh chives from what's left of the garden.


Also added a couple tablespoons of roasted red peppers.





After that, I removed myself from the kitchen as BIG ASH was cleaning out the chimney for our wood stove.
It sprinkled a little just before I went out for evening chores and like the rest of the day it was very grey and around 60 degrees.






Dinner was delicious.
Night all.

 

1 comment:

Sandra said...

I actually said wow out loud to myself as I was looking at your photos. Spectacular! I am one of those odd people who do not like corn. Mark likes corn but he never gets it. : )