Followers

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

TUNED IN....

 The water trough had ice in it this morning.  First time.  Changed the blankets on Berlin and Abbe as I was not happy with the way the first two were fitting.  Much better.
 Sid was sound asleep in one of the run-ins.  A perfect spot as there is at least a foot of bedding (old but clean hay).
 The clematis blossom continues to survive...
 Gary cleaned and filled his bird feeders yesterday.  When I got back to the house there was a beautiful blue jay outside the kitchen window.
 The town dropped off a dump truck of mulched leaves for Gary to put on the garlic.
He's going to be busy for the next few days before they bring out a second load.
 Small class today, our first meeting back in the house.
 Tina's drawing of Tabby was done in colored pencil and it was a real challenge to figure out how to get the white whiskers to show.
 Boy did she figure it out....used white water colors and a very fine brush.
 Sandy and Mary are starting new projects and Judy continued working on a black and white design.


 After lunch I went down to the Community Center vote.
 No line and easy to get through the process.

 If you voted and had a sticker, you could go over to Tim Horton's and get a free donut.
 The afternoon light was off the charts.  What an upper.



 Gary had a couple of meetings starting at 5pm.  I made a pot of chili so he will have a late supper.

Chores just before dark.  I took off Berlin's boot tonight...the farrier is going to check her out tomorrow morning.


 The sun was setting when I got back to the house.
Tonight, my pals and I are going to continue lounging in front of the TV, hoping there will not be any complications in counting the votes as I'll fall asleep waiting.







 Sidney is trying to get me off the computer.
Night all.
Here at Skoog Farm it is going to be a long one.

12 comments:

Buttons Thoughts said...

Oh those whiskers sure did turn out perfect great job.
I love your photos I am assuming you are feeling a bit better.
Enjoy the furry company in front of the TV tonight good luck I am going to be sleeping:) Hope good news comes in the morning for Berlin. B

thecrazysheeplady said...

White watercolor paint? I need to come to your class! So much to learn.

Cloudia said...

Your images feed one's soul!


Aloha from Honolulu
Comfort Spiral

~ > < } } ( ° >

> < 3 3 3 ( ° >
0 0
><}}(°>~

Oak Creek Ranch said...

I'll be listening to the results roll in from the east coast as I drive home from work tonight. I guess there are benefits to living out west - the night won't be as late for us.

Michelle said...

Nothing like relaxing with your buddies for the evening!

Nancy J said...

Your family is all sitting comfy, waiting for results,You had ice, we had minus 1 Celsius,!! lost all my beans,tomatoes and courgettes.Love the white whiskers, super class of students?? Greetings from Jean.

dianasfaria.com said...

Oh my gosh, all your little furry friends look so comfy!

MTWaggin said...

That is the healthiest hardiest clematis I've ever seen! You are right your afternoon light was great and all those critters look so very content as I'm sure their Mom is too.

Dreaming said...

Wow! Gary has a lot of work to do - and more coming!
We never got around to the garlic when we were there - I'd love to learn more about it. I guess we'll just have to come back!

Gayle said...

Sun, green grass, flowers.... I guess you must still be in Fall. Already seems like the snow has been here forever. -24* this morning in town.

Your artists do beautiful work.

Grey Horse Matters said...

Loved the whiskers and the horse drawing. Very talented students. Looks like everybody has got relaxing down to an art at your place!

Today it's cold and snowing here. We were up until two a.m. Last night watching the results. I'm pooped.

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

It's cold here today too, and I saw ice on a puddle this morning--It's really feeling like November!

I hope you've had a good day!