Followers

Friday, November 2, 2012

I TOOK A SICK DAY....

 The last mums of the season....hanging on.
 It did not go above 40 today, but no rain.
 I now have Gary's cold and it is nasty.  Did not sleep well last night and my head wants to explode.
 After chores I made another batch of minestrone...needed something warm for lunch.
 In the afternoon, the sun tried to make a weak appearance that didn't last 2 minutes.
Tried to catch up on some sleep in front of the fire.

I bought a bag of pears at Wegmans a few days ago and they ripened all at once.  By tomorrow they would have started to get bad, so I googled "Pear Pie" and gave it a shot.  Added one apple.


 Gary was gone all afternoon getting ready for First Friday.  No way was I going to make it.

Before chores I soaked Berlin's foot.  She had broken through her boot and was moving fairly well.




 Tucked them in around 6....
 and got back in the house just in time to take the pie out of the oven.
Needless to say, I am out of gas.
Night all.

11 comments:

Brett said...

Let us know how the pie turned out. Never had pear pie. Sounds interesting. Get some rest.

Buttons Thoughts said...

Oh I do hope you feel better. I am glad to see Berlin doing better and I really want a piece of pie. Sleep now and rest. Have a nice weekend. B

Grey Horse Matters said...

Glad to hear you didn't get hit too hard from Sandy. I have a nasty head cold too. Just what we needed to top the week off right? Feel better.

Cloudia said...

do rest, dear.
Take care of yourself as if you are one of your horses or creatures!




Aloha from Waikiki,
Comfort Spiral

> < } } ( ° >

> < } } (°>

<°)333><( ~

Karen said...

You accomplish amazing things for someone who is sick. That "pear-ly apple" pie is one of them. Delish! I'd say the aroma of baking pie has a certain degree of healing power, don't you.

Nancy J said...

Lovely flowers, the last for the season? Great idea with pears and apple? As always, your photos tell a whole day's story in themselves. Greetings from Jean

Dreaming said...

Awww, I hope you feel better soon. Between the soup and the pie, and the day-to-day chores, you seemed to have outdone yourself. Time for more resting in front of the fire!

Gayle said...

Sorry to hear your are under the weather. Hope it doesn't last long.

dianasfaria.com said...

feel better quick Lori - you & Berlin sure are troopers.
& your pie looks delish!

Jo said...

Hope you feel better soon, Lori. Imagine that you still do your chores when you're ill. I have never heard of Pear Pie, but yours sure looks good. Get well soon, my friend. (((Hugs))) Jo

Susie of Arabia said...

Hi Lori - Hope both you and Berlin are feeling better! That pie looks awfully good. And I love your header photo - it's stunning. I've missed you - I'm back to blogging now!