Followers

Friday, November 16, 2012

FINE DINING...


 Another crispy morning.  The dogs wanted to go in before the horses were done with their grain.








 When our chorus performed at the Gratitude event Wednesday night, there was a woman there playing a sensational small drum from Turkey.  She told me the name of it and I got on my computer to hunt one down.  It is called a Doumbek....only 16 inches high and made of aluminum.  The sound was amazing.  This morning I found one and placed my order.  Can't wait to play it.

Took a shower and went to Brockport to meet with my Doctor.  Strained my arms a long time ago and my right one is still bugging me.  In order to get a referral, had to meet with her and got one.  Now I can have a physical therapist evaluate the situation.  Yippeeeee.  It's never ending.


At 11:45 I was picked up by Judy, Sally and Joan and we ventured into Rochester for that fine dining I referred to.

Monroe Community College has a culinary program that has it's own restaurant called "Reflections."  Each fall they hold a series of 10 International Cuisine meals that you can sign up for at a cost of $15.
That includes 5 or 6 courses and a beverage.  They are planned, cooked and served by the students...at lunch time.


 Today we had Greek food.  Below is the menu.







 When it was over, the students made up a buffet line in the dining room and ate.
 What a great meal!  We are signed up for two more....Italian and French.  If I were a lot younger, this would be the program for me.

Relaxed when I got home around 3.  The afternoon light was fabulous.
 Chores a little after 5.  As per usual the girls came in caked with mud.



 Simple supper....again.

 Chicken wings (baked), sweet potatoes and coleslaw.
Time to cozy up to the fire.
Night all.

6 comments:

Nancy J said...

I have a friend who is one of the 3 in a 3 piece band, he plays the drums, I will find out which sort?? Lovely meal idea, great for the students. your daylight hours are shorter each week now, as ours get longer. Cheers from Jean.

Oak Creek Ranch said...

Meals at culinary schools are a great deal. I've been to a couple in Pasadena.

thecrazysheeplady said...

How fun it that! :-)

Liz said...

Sounds like a wonderful day. All the food looked delicious. Happy sky watching.

Waterfall on Jeju Island

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

I think the culinary students could take lessons from you too--Your meals always look amazing!

I also love the coats on the dogs, I've been looking for one for Todd--I worry about his getting cold this winter too.

Unknown said...

Hi!.......
Your blog related images is wonderful.Thanks for sharing this site.
Thank you..........

Fine Indian cuisine Perth

Fine dining