Followers

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

HOW DO PEOPLE IN THE SOUTH LIVE WITH THESE HIGH TEMPERATURES AND STILL FUNCTION?

Too hot too soon...Put the hay in the shade so when the horses came in from the sunny pasture they could cool off a little.
King Mustafa and Dream were smart...they spent some time in the indoor.

The pups waited in the yard while I finished cleaning stalls.
At 11:30 we headed out to Maryellen's for our end of the year chorus picnic. The turnout was great.


The setting was perfect...we sat in the shade under a gigantic chestnut tree.








Here is my favorite photo of the day! Jello (fancy) made by Bev. It took her many hours to make all these layers.... Great presentation!




Of course we ate too much and I felt lousy on the way home. Can't take the heat. We stopped at Jenny's to let her dogs out and got home before 3.

I crashed and sat in front of a fan. Felt much better...and got my butt in gear to do evening chores around 6.

Next stop...7pm...went down to the middle school for a forum presented by the League of Women Voters. There is a new law in NY State and some people in our village are exercising it in an effort to dissolve our village and have it taken over by the town. They are tired of our high taxes and feel that there are too many duplications of service. Needless to say, it is a very emotional issue. It was a civilized event...very informative. Who knows what will happen.?


























































































It ended by 9 and the moon was waiting for me on the way home. Watched the tail end of American Idol...cheezie huh? But I'm a big fan of all kinds of music. Now I have to go out and put the horses in. Night all.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

My husband's from Mississippi - and the answer to your question is: they don't!

Louise said...

I was emailing yesterday with a friend of mine in Virginia, complaining about the heat. She responded that, there, they didn't feel that it was miserably hot until it was near 100. THAT is the reason why I will never move South.

Jill said...

That is some really beautiful jello!

Grey Horse Matters said...

I could never live in the south. Yesterday was just way to hot for me and the horses. They all got a shower last night.

Love that jello presentation. I would never have the time or the patience to make all those layers. We watched American Idol too. I'm with you on music, I'm a big fan of any type.

Unknown said...

That looks a glorious picnic. I suppose, like all choristers at a party, you ended up singing?
Warm regards, Mike.

thecrazysheeplady said...

That's the number one reason I want to move to NY...until you all have a heat wave like us. Ugh. Don't be ruining my dream ;-).