Followers

Friday, April 2, 2010

JAM PACKED AGAIN!

Rise and shine! Got a new horse out there, better go out early to see how he is doing.
This is the day...it is supposed to go up to 80 degrees (it was actually reached 86 in Rochester).

The pups and I went out to the barn...Dream did her usual....
I opened up the indoor...


Before I knew it, Barb P. arrived to see King Mustafa and help me out in the barn. After the horses ate their grain she walked him over to the run-in and Dream wanted to join him.
I let the horses share a fence line with him...he was showing off.
Just as I thought, he and Dream are going to be an item. They are a perfect match.

The rest of the ponies were a little excited, but ended up eating instead of acting like nuts.



I called Copy Town to see if my 2nd book was ready and had the opportunity to pick it up by noon. So, the dogs and I jumped in the car and headed to Lima.

How about joining me for the ride?

I left the farm and drove through Churchville and on to Caledonia (love that song). Drove around this round about and headed East.
Below is a sample of the architecture in this little town.
The dogs are great company on my jaunts.

Got to the Print Shop just in time for her to put my book together.
Here are a few of the pages.



Before we headed back I took the dogs for a short walk in Lima.
Another quaint little village.


It was really getting hot! Below is the American Hotel (where we ate lunch last week).
I decided to take more photos on the way home.
This series shows you a gorgeous dairy farm between Lima and Avon.
It is spotless!
..and their cows get to go outside! Imagine!!!! Good for them.

Here is a sample of the architecture in Avon.
They also have a round about.


Instead of going home the way I went out to Lima....

I decided to hang a left in Mumford.


I drove over to the Genesee Country Museum but there was not much going on.

Meandered down past Oatka Creek....

and took Route 19 through Bergen.



Home around 3. Did a few things outside...brought the riding lawnmower and handmower down from the upstairs of the horse barn...picked the paddock....

At 2 Gary headed down to Brockport to set up First Friday at the Alumni House. The crowd was not as big as usual, being a holiday weekend.
I went down for an hour and got home in time to do chores.
I used the shedding blade on all the horses...Pony does not want to give up her winter coat ...yet.


Barb came over to help again...pretty soon she will start doing some of the evening chores.
Put the ponies in around 7:30. They were ready.
Look at that boy! He is fitting right in and I don't think it will be long before he can be worked into the herd.
Needless to say, Barb is very happy to have her first horse. And I am happy to have company!

It's late. Night all.

5 comments:

Callie Brady said...

Thanks for the tour. Have a wonderful weekend!

Anonymous said...

He is very pretty and looks to be settling in well - and it would be so nice if Dream has a special friend.

I always love your pictures of architecture in the towns nearby - I grew up in a town in Ohio that had a very old and interesting main street.

Anonymous said...

A great ride, Lori---Since Jim was born in Geneva, we have driven Route 5 and 20 for 50 years---what a beautiful route----see you at the show this afternoon----Sara

Unknown said...

Hi Lori. That chap (Mustafa) makes me wish I still rode. He looks in very good shape for his age. Is he still ridden, by the way ? He looks well up to it.
Warm regards, Mike.

Grey Horse Matters said...

He looks like a sweetheart and like he will fit in with the herd in no time. I hope he and Dream become and item.

Thanks for the ride. Great pictures.