Followers

Thursday, April 22, 2010

TIME OUT!

Here I am! Topper took this picture of me when we had dinner at the Fenton's. It's perfect for tonight!!! I am so out of order with my pictures....
The first four were taken during evening chores....oh well.



And now, for the real order of the day.... It was pretty cold this morning when the pups and I went out to do chores. I finished up by 9:30. Nothing out of the ordinary.
Now it is actually quite dry.
Today I took 4 hours off. At 11 I went to pick up Janice and we went over to see Deb's new digs.
A lot of painting has been going on and in a few days the floor will be installed.
This is actually a condo and it is going to be much simpler for Deb and Tom. They are leaving a huge stone house...historical and magnificent with acreage.

There I am again...in the bathroom (there are 3 full baths).
I could really go for the tub in the master....
There is a huge deck off the West side and lots of private lawn for their pup to run on.
After our tour, we drove in to the Greece Family Restaurant (another townie style place) for lunch...it was a good one. As Deb said "don't we have a delicious life?" We are so fortunate to be able to do things like this. Took our time...lots of chatting...relaxing.

After I dropped Janice off, I pulled off the road to take some shots of the fields of "mustard."
...and a couple of other things.


Off the subject, have you ever seen this? Our daughter Stephanie got it for me last Christmas. It is a huge coffee table book and the photos in it are so unique!




We ate dinner (left over Spanish rice...I added green beans) and then I went out for chores.
(You already saw the pictures at the opening of this post).

By 7:30 we were down at the Morgan Manning House for a presentation on barns. This gorgeous building is the carriage house on that property.
Gary is here with Kathy Goetz, the Town Historian and facilitator for this program.

We knew many of the people...like Jack and Louise!
There's Peggy...
The 5 person committee has been working on this project for almost 3 years. I hope they will go to Lima and have a book made of these photos. The place was packed. One week ago they did the same thing and had over 100 people, so they decided to repeat it. Our barns were included.
Apparently, many people were very interested in this topic...like Ross.
Afterward we had tea and cookies...or coffee or whatever.
Let me give you a little tour. This house is extremely well maintained by the Historical Society.


Home after a day full of rich experiences.

Night all.

6 comments:

Achieve1dream said...

I want that book!! Great pictures!

I really like the pictures you took on the side of the road of the 'mustard' fields and barn. Those are nice!

Gayle said...

If it is down-sizing to go to a 3-bath condo I can't imagine the house they had! Beautiful place...and the grass is so green.

Anonymous said...

The condo looks fabulous! Arthus-Bertrand has done many lovely photoessays and films, notably "Home" which came out last year.
Love the picture of you. Guess we'll never see more?

thecrazysheeplady said...

Great spring shots and I love the sunlight through the barn window.

Ingrid de Villiers said...

Lori...I like all the pictures! The colors in the fields of "mustard" and the old barn with the bright green fields are lovely!

Don Wood said...

love your pictures