Followers

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

CHANGE?

Up and at 'um...early. Finished chores before 9!
The I started mowing around the perimeter of our property...never got to it yesterday. If it's possible, today was more beautiful than yesterday.

Cleaned and vacuumed before my class arrived. As soon as Tina walked through the door, Phoebe and Gucci were ready to perform.
Jean brought us some Earth Balls for a treat.
In celebration of GREEN.
Tina worked on a couple of drawings...remember the snow leopards?
Pretty soon you will be able to tell what Sandy is drawing.
Jean is still working on her painting of Jim.
And Mel started a new drawing. He is some producer.
Tina wanted to visit Dream after class, so we went out to the pasture.
She still has a lot of hair to shed, so we worked on her for awhile.
Of course Dream loved it. She needs a Spring makeover.


Everything has blossomed so early this year, I can't believe it.

In the late afternoon, the ponies head out to the outdoor ring. They do it everyday.
Don't you love hanging clothes on a line? They smell so good.
I made some Spanish Rice for dinner. Have not done that in a million years.
Bought some leaf lettuce for a change...a simple but delicious salad with homemade croutons.

Barb did evening chores tonight. She sure puts in a long day.
The crew waited patiently.

Jenny stopped up with Ice and Buster so they could go for a run out back.





Our flowering crab apple trees are just about ready to bloom.
In for the night.
Buster and Gucci played until 8:45.
Ice was his usual perfect self.
Now about this change thing. I have to stop taking 100 pictures or more everyday!!! I end up putting too many on my Journal and it is consuming me. Somehow I have to limit myself to no more than 10 photos from now on...and they better be good ones. Can I do it?

Night all.

9 comments:

Frank said...

The farm, horses and the sweet dogs all look great. You too! Good to see the weather is so delightful.

Frank

Sandra said...

But pictures speak a million words! I sure don't mind all the photos...

Jo said...

Ah, Lori, I've enjoyed everyone of your photos. I love your poochies and their anticipation. Tickles me every time! I'm trying to handtrain our pet budgies - had to start all over again after being away for a month. Thanks for another lovely visit through Skoog farm.

B : ) said...

Well, I, for one, rejoice in your photos, but if it's not fun anymore, then you should cut down. May I suggest some mosaics? That way you could get up tons of photos but they'd only be a few files. They make up quick and easy in Picasa and Big Huge Labs.com. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Don't limit the photos on my account - I love them all!

Louise said...

I love your photos. They are so alive and fresh. I'll be sorry to see you limit the number, but, I do understand, that you have time constraints.

Unknown said...

Of course you can do it, Lori. But I always think that if you've got something good going, you don't muck about with it. Still, try it, and if you're not satisfied you can always go back to the old system (that you know works well).
Warm regards, Mike.

Achieve1dream said...

Don't limit you pictures!!! I love them!!! Its like getting to see your day in words and pictures. That's what makes it so great! I know its time consuming because I too take many, many, many pictures. In fact for Chrome's 11 month birthday post I took 260 pictures that morning. I posted 40ish, deleted around 35 and still have 185 to edit and put on my portable hard drive. :) I love all of your pictures.

Lori Skoog said...

Well! Thank you for your support. I know I will continue to take pictures every day...just thought that posting so many might not be of interest to the rest of the world. OK, I won't put any limits on myself for now...but know, it takes a long time to upload that many! I was thinking I might post my top 10 for each day.
No matter what, I want to really try and improve the quality of my work each time I post. I appreciate your sweet comments.