Followers

Monday, April 5, 2010

GETTING BACK ON TRACK....

Here we go....
I got a little rest yesterday and was not quite so beat this morning.
After the horses had their grain, I put Dream out with King Mustafa and the rest went in the big pasture.
I don't think there will be too many problems, getting him worked into the rest of the herd.
What a beautiful day....in the 60s.
Gary worked in his gardens and I was motivated enough to drag the indoor. I'm going to call Gordon B. to come up and rototil the outdoor arena in the next week. It will be like a soft pillow.
I had to take my car in today so they could install a new windshield...when I bought it, there was a ding in it. Gary drove me down around 11.
We walked over to the neighbors for a little break. Here is Harley....the dog that Phoebe and Gucci terrorize! See the plastic bags on Gary's foot (can't get it dirty when he is outside in the garden)? He won't be able to wear a shoe for a couple more weeks. I'm so glad he can at least drive.
More and more flowers have started to bloom.

At 4:30 we drove down to pick up my Escape (my beautiful PT Cruiser was for sale out front) and I stopped at Wegmans. I love the landscaping there. Didn't feel like cooking (again) so I picked up a roasted chicken and some potato salad. I have to get goin' on some homemade food. When it's beautiful outside, I don't stay in long enough to do anything.
Finished organizing the paper work we need to have tomorrow when we have our taxes done, and went out to do the chores around 7. Gary had a meeting at the Alumni House, so I took my good old time.
Barb stopped in. We let Dream and King M go out in the big pasture for a little while.
I put the other horses in and we wanted to see if these two would find their way to where they belonged. It's the first time King M was not led to his stall. He went to Dream's feeder and she went to his stall. It was not hard to get them where they were supposed to be and I'll bet the next time they do it right. Both of them are very calm and sweet.

Tina was talking about night photos the other day, so I thought I would take my first of the season.

How about these macro shots of the vines out on our front porch?
I love the texture.
It was so nice to have a low pressure day! Now I need to start riding.

Night all.

5 comments:

Grey Horse Matters said...

Your place is looking very green. And the arena looks great dragged, now you just have to get in a few rides. Great pictures.

Maery Rose said...

That was a pretty calm day for you. I see you're having fun capturing some photos of nature and it's textures too. You sure do notice a lot more when you are looking at your surroundings as your next photo opportunity.

Kcalpesh said...

Hi there? How are you? Seems like an easy and pleasant day! It is actually good when there isn't just too much to do in a short time!

Pixellicious Photos

elvira pajarola said...

Cara Lori.....finally it's blooming in your world too...!!!!
Magnificient!!

I've been very very busy and missed a lot of your post...! I was looking at Mustafa.....gorgeous....!!!!

I took a long glimpse at your colorfull and interesting exposition....... hmmm, next time I'll take a plane....!!!!

I wish you a a bright start in spring....!!!!
ciao ciao elvira

Anonymous said...

The flowers are beautiful, and your photos are gorgeous - thanks for sharing your day with us!