Followers

Saturday, April 24, 2010

SOMETHING NEW...

Earlier in the week our daughter Jen (below) called and asked if she and the boys could come up to the farm for a photo shoot. Caitlin D. (above) is working on a portfolio of her best photographs and has been taking pictures of kids for months. Today was the day. She had all kinds of equipment and seemed very professional. I have never concentrated on portraits, so being very motivated, I got out my Canon Powershot and went along for the ride.
Here are some samples of what I got (took about 200 pictures). Out of control as usual.



























Caitlin must have taken 600 shots...I think the boys by the barn are extra special. I can't wait to see if some of them end up in her portfolio. It was not easy and I developed a great deal of respect for the process.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I like the 5th from last, leaning on the pipe rail.

Anonymous said...

Lori,
Hard to pick my favorite. Loved the 3 boys in a line in front of Gary's Barn!

What good little models they all were!
Tina

Diary From Africa said...

Your family are beautiful, Lori ... the photo's are lovely ...

Achieve1dream said...

Wow!! Those are incredible! Maybe you have a knack for portraits, :)

elvira pajarola said...

Lori.......EXCELLENT PORTRAITS.....!!!!! I am certain; taking good pics of horses is extremely difficult.......but on second place I would put certainly taking portraits of little boys....(....loss of patience of the little masculin models...!)...not little girls though....!!
WONDERFUL WORK ; sooooo qute boys and a wonderful blonde BELLEZZA....!!!
have a happy week!
ciao ciao elvira

Anonymous said...

hi lori
came to check out your portraits, these are wonderful
each photo has personality, i really like that!
the best advice i got was 'be aware of the background in portraits because it can distract from your subject'
al the best, you are well on the way to amazing portraits
xx