Followers

Sunday, February 8, 2009

WHAT A DIFFERENCE A DAY MAKES....



The sky was very beautiful this morning and it was mild from the get go.

The snow had continued to melt throughout the night and it no longer colored everything white.
Fortunately, the hay provided some texture over the ice so the horses would not slip out in the paddock.
How is it possible for this green stuff to come on so strong when it was covered with deep snow a couple of days ago?
Had to make a run into Brockport to pick up some hay cubes.  Blue skies all the way....
Of course the loyal Phoebster was by my side.
She is allowed to go into Tractor Supply and is very cooperative on her leash while I am pushing around a big cart loaded with 150 pounds of cubes.

My PT Cruiser becomes my truck as I haul all kinds of things around in the back seat or wherever it will fit.

Now we are going home...up the hill (the only one around) on Route 19.

I can't believe this plant looks so good today when it was out of site yesterday.
The "Bird" even looks happy.
I am happy to announce that you can no longer ice skate on our driveway.
Can you see that grass????  Whooopppeeee.
You guessed it, when the sun hits the house like this, it is late afternoon.
If this keeps up, there should be very little snow by tomorrow night.  There is a field of winter wheat near us that is totally green.
The sun was bright when I went out to get the mail.  

Justine is in the barn doing chores so I can take a leisurely shower and make a salad to take over to Apple Creek Farm....going to have dinner tonight with Louise and Jack.  Later....

2 comments:

Lisa & Gerald said...

Oh I hope you will be getting more snow girl that's not fair at all! Ours has started to melt but we still have a lot of the white stuff!
Our weather is staying in the low plus and sunny too I hope we get warmer soon too!
Hope you had a great weekend girl!

allhorsestuff said...

Oh great, maybe some back to normal stuff huh!
Everything does look super good!
KK