Followers

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

THE PAST 24 HOURS.....


It all started with the sunset last night....
Went in the house for dinner....marinated boneless pork chops, baked sweet potatoes and mixed greens with mango and banana.  Busy, busy, busy.....Watched the Obama speech and was very impressed by the way he is grounded and able to express himself.  The man is realistic and offers hope even tho it's going to be a tough road ahead.  Of course I thought the reactions from some sectors were quite interesting.  He did inherit an enormous burden and it will be a challenge...
This morning was very bright and sunny.  As you can see, Phoebe and Gucci have been running all over the back yard (they are now great pals).



































After chores I took them down the lane...Gucci loves this new freedom.

When we went by the side of the indoor I noticed that the garlic has started to grow.





























At 1:30 I took Gucci in for a heartworm test.  I just could not wait until May (when she will have to be tested again).





 Because she is from Mississippi, the chances of her being positive are pretty good.
Fortunately, the test came back negative.  



















At 3:30 Phoebe and I went to Holley for a special Therapy Dog Gig.  DJ and Promise were there too.  I got home in time to fill the water trough while the hose was thawed out, and pulled together a quick dinner.  At 7pm I had a meeting at the Library, where we were working on an event for the end of March.  Caught a little "American Idol" and now I am going to hit the couch.  OOpps.  Have to catch a little of the ballroom dancing on PBS.  Then, it's good night John-Boy....

3 comments:

restoration42 said...

Dogs, horses, kids, and signs of spring - great ingredients for a wonderful day.

Gayle said...

It looks like it is still too cold for the garlic to grow. Is it in a warmer, sunny area or is it not supposed to be doing this and will freeze/die? Growing things is still so far off for me....

Love all the photos you shared today. I'm thinking my eyes must be getting older...the little ones are hard to see. :)

Unknown said...

Thank you Lori. Lovely, heartwarming pictures. Especially of your dogs playing in the snow, and of the youngsters with their dogs. Regards Ann and Mike.