Followers

Saturday, February 21, 2009

INTRODUCING GUCCI...

Thank you for all the comments....Gayle, Fe, Bine, Rebecca, Cherie, Sue and Tina.  Rebecca referred to her as "Miss Gucci" and I think that is going to have to be her full name.  I got her a new bed and she will stay on it....she also goes in and out of a crate to sleep on the blanket I originally put her on in the car (that's where I am keeping her food for now) and I leave the door open.  So far, so good.  Let's see if there are going to be any interesting stories.This is Gucci right now (2:20pm).  She feels most secure sleeping on the bath mat next to the shower.


My first view of her at the shelter.  She is from Mississippi and just arrived yesterday.  They wormed her, she has a rabies certificate, got her distemper shot at the shelter she came from, and they gave me some Advantage to put on after her bath.  The last thing I need to find out is if she had a heartworm test before she was neutered.  Gucci is just a year old and is a mix of some sort...her coloring is like that of a Schnauzer, mixed with who knows what.  She only weighs 9 pounds and needs some meat on her bones.  Phoebe seems quite accepting and they have very similar personalities.







After all the paper work, they removed her stitches (from being neutered) and we were free to go home.  Lots of mats and pretty stinky!

I brought a basket that would fit on the floor and put a blanket in it.  That way Phoebe could sit on the seat and they could keep each other company.




At the beginning, she just wanted to be near me, and would put her head on my hand (which was on the gear shift).


When we got home, I cut out a lot of mats and gave her a major shampooing in the shower.  By the way she acted, I don't think she ever had a bath.  The good news, is that she was trusting and let me get the job done.
She trots right over when you call her name....Gary thinks she is a cutie and is very accepting of my choice to rescue her.  Now, I have to make an appointment and get her groomed properly.
See what I mean about Gary?
Gucci will live here with us, but she belongs to Ariana (our grandaughter...and her sister Daniela too).  I will work on a clear nice portrait for a better posting.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

she is a cuty, lori, and sophie is going to be hasseling me now to get one too!!! (-:
bine

Gayle said...

She is just darned cute and you made a great choice in saving her. Is her tail curling up? Could be a bit of pom in her although she seems like maybe a bit of terrier. Whatever it is she's a cutie. Looking forward to photos of the two playing together.

CoyoteFe said...

Yea! I am glad she has received Gar and Phoebe's Seal of approval. Can't wait to see what the herd thinks of her!

restoration42 said...

Lori, what a sweet, sweet little girlie. She is going to make for some very interesting stories, I'm predicting!

Anonymous said...

Lori,
She's so sweet! I love her already. Hope that she will like DJ. Bet he will like having two girlfriends.

Tina

rebecca said...

Oh, blessed be woman, I knew you'd adopt her!!!! Yea!! What a good soul you are!

She's gorgeous! GORGEOUS!!! She's a lucky little pup and will now have a good, loving home with lots of land and lots of friends. Oh, I love you dear heart. And I love, love, love Miss Gucci.

Diary From Africa said...

Welcome, Miss Gucci ! She's lucky to have found such a wonderful home with you, & I wish you very many happy years together !

Grey Horse Matters said...

I'm a sucker for a cute face and she is adorable. I'm so glad she found a good and loving home with you and your family. I'm sure she'll fit right in and the grandkids will love her.

Anonymous said...

congratulations! what a sweetheart!

Anonymous said...

congratulations! what a sweetheart!