Followers

Monday, February 16, 2009

HORSES AND DOGS....DOGS AND HORSES

I got up so early the sun wasn't even showing.
This picture is out of order...Abbe strolled into the grooming room today while the farrier was here so I let her hang out in a stall.  She was much better behaved than the horses who were being trimmed.  Spring was in the air and Target was a pain in the butt.  I forgot to put a halter on him in his stall this morning, and he refused to let me catch him for 20 minutes.   My mistake.  As if that wasn't bad enough, when the farrier got here I went out to get him and he played me again!  He was much more interested in Winnie on this nice sunny day. 
The ground was firm and the sun filled the pasture, so I fed them out there.



When John was trimming Joe, he found the spot where an abcess blew out of his heel.  A couple of weeks ago he was pretty gimpy and I made him a nice thick boot to cushion his foot.
Joe has big feet and over the years and as he aged (32 this year) he got more and more abcesses in his front left foot.  Until two years ago, he was ridden and driven.  Now, he is truly retired.
PC (with the bum knee) was given bute this morning so he would be more comfortable for his trim.  I really appreciate John's sensitivity to this 30 year old's needs.
Jenny, her family, her mother in law, sister in law and niece (visiting from Atlanta) dropped Ice off today while they went snow tubing.  Hopefully she got some good photos.
Ice is a piece of cake to have around.
He and Phoebe are real pals.
Tonight they were running around like rabbits.
When it is chore time, they love to go out to the barn with me.

3 comments:

Gayle said...

I am fully aware that I should not giggle at the thought of the horse staying just out of reach, but I remember days chasing loose pigs and can laugh about that now. (I did not laugh at the time). So nice that you have such a caring person working with your horses.

Kenney's said...

I could have caught Target for you. Everytime I get Winnie he flicks his nose at her halter trying to keep me from getting it on her. Maybe that's the trick. To get Target you try to catch Winnie and for me to get Winnie I'll try to catch Target. If makes you feel better, I was supposed to have today off, but went in to work for 12 hours. Your day sounds more fun. As for Marcel.... what a cutie. As for Gary?.... well lucky for him and me there's no such thing as a Rescue for forgotten husbands.

CoyoteFe said...

Speaking of Winnie - when does she get a place of honor on your sidebar? :-)