Followers

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

HITO

Hito was an Andalusian stallion, owned by the woman who used to work with me and 3 of my horses in classical dressage.  He was imported from Portugal and went from Bettina Drummond to my instructor when he was semi retired.  I have not taken lessons in years and am still a back yard rider (tho I was always interested in learning).
Hito was trained to all the things of the Spanish Riding School.
Linda (trainer/instructor) gave him a good home for many years and kept him in shape to still perform all that he knew.  He passed on at a ripe old age.
When we built our indoor arena in 1992, we had an "opening" which was attended by many of our horse and non-horse friends.  Linda and Hito did a musical freestyle that had the place in tears, and I was a basket case introducing them.  There is something so beautiful about a horse and music.
I feel very fortunate to have had the opportunity to work with Linda, who introduced me to people like Bettina Drummond, and showed me videos of her lessons in Portugal with the Maestro, Nuno Olivero (Linda spent part of her summers there for years).  I had to have been the least experienced person she ever worked with, yet I could learn from one of the best.  She taught me to see (even tho I can't do it all).

The whole point of this post...today I received an email from Cindy (who found my Journal) and told me about CAVALIA.  Perhaps some of you already know about it.  The website is:
www.Cavalia.net      If you google CAVALIA you will find videos on you tube.  Select the one called  "Andalusian Stallion, Appasionatta."  If you have a passion for horses, you will be crying!
Let me know what you think.  By the way, the music is by Pavarotti, as that is the kind of music Nuno always played in his school.

1 comment:

allhorsestuff said...

Lori!
Wowee, beautiful to read about this part of you and see that Stallion. The Itallian music is perfect in the background!
I would have blubbered for the pure joy of it as well.
Ya know, everytime I answer the questions on "Which horse are you?" I am an Andalusian!
KK