Followers

Thursday, February 26, 2009

WHAT DID I DO TODAY? AND WHAT ABOUT THE NEW FARM DOG?

I can't remember when it was this warm at 7:30am.  Felt great!
After chores I took the dogs for a walk down the lane.  Gucci is running past the garlic.
Phoebe is in the field where the snow has not melted yet.
I had an appointment to have my hair cut at 11am and stopped at the grocery store on the way home.   At the deli I picked up a sandwich and watched them make the sub below.  It is called a GUTBUSTER and I swear it had a pound of meat on it...It's like two large subs put together....
I stopped to pick up Ice so he could have some time with Miss Gucci.  Jenny was concerned that he would be mean to her (Ice is the sweetest boy).  When he walked through the door, my new dog growled and went after him.  She is a little bigger than his head, and told him that she was the new Queen of the Farm...even if she's the smallest dog.

I wanted to give Ice a chance to run, so we went for another walk out back.  Miss Gucci has no problem with getting dirty.




The horses really liked the mild weather today...tomorrow I will probably have to take off their blankets.  Yesterday and today, Target (26 yo Thoroughbred) has been off his feed...  didn't even want his hay cubes last night.  Tonight I made him a nice bran mash and he was eating it when I left the barn.  Don't know if it's the weather change or what.  Maybe I need to have the dentist check his teeth...gave him a call today.

3 comments:

Gayle said...

All the animals look very content in the warmer temperatures. It's warm here, too...about +20, but snowing like crazy. I think a couple more inches fell today. The kids like it for snowboarding, but I'm ready for it to go away! I hope your nice temps are there to stay!

Victoria Cummings said...

It smells like Spring in the air and there's only one little patch of ice left in the pasture. My were really kicking up their heels yesterday. Your new pup is a cutie!

Ken Mac said...

tasty looking samich! I didn't horses wore little sweaters in the winter.