Followers

Monday, February 9, 2009

CLOSE TO HOME

This morning I could walk out to the barn without slipping on the ice...didn't wear a scarf, and the water trough was not frozen.
Yesterday we put lots of new shavings in the stalls and the horses must have a slept lying down last night...their faces and tails were covered with their bedding.
I'd say that 85% of the snow is gone now.  This is Target...eating in progress....He will be 26 in a few weeks.  His Sire and Dam were both race horses (Thoroughbreds).  He is 16'3 and still has a handsome body.
Berlin is a 3/4 Trakehner and is the horse I ride the most.  She is a squirt with a tank body and will be 24 this spring.

Hard to get a good shot when they are eating.
Pony (Babe's Opal) chews on her hay and tends to wad it.  She is on hay cubes and just turned 29.  (Half Arab and the other half is Morgan and Welsh).  13h.


The only time I left the property today, was to attend a meeting.  When I got home, worked on the presentation I am making at Historical Society on the 19th.  After that, started dinner and went back out for evening chores.  I'm feeding a little later now that is milder and LIGHTER longer....love the change.
This is Abbe (Glen Aberlour, Miss Curious).  She is a 14'3" POA and I am about to start working her so she is in some kind of shape to go out to a trainer in April.  I hope to be driving her this summer.  I am currently looking for a cob sized cart.
She was trying to pose for me tonight.
Pony was just doing her thing.

Now I am going out to the kitchen so I can snuggle up to the fire while I wait for you guys to post today's happenings....will check back later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

how old is abbe. is she 8 years old. how is finn and coop.