Sunday, March 6, 2022

Wind Damage...Almost 70 Degrees

What a day!  It felt so nice going out to the barn this morning....over 50 degrees and the sun appeared.

How about those naked bodies?

I knew it was going to get windy so I put some of the hay in nets so it would not blow away.  As you can see, it did not take Seamus long to roll.  Here is his dirty side.

Here is the clean side....which did not last very long.
99% of the snow melted and the pond in the pasture is not quite as big as it was.

The outdoor arena is looking pretty green.  I'll keep the ponies off it until it really dries up.
I could not resist raking the then it was over 60 degrees.

This yucca plant has survived another nasty winter.

Gary brought the mail in from yesterday and I received a box from Germany.  I had sent Sabine some of Berlin's tail as she makes beautiful bracelets and was going to make one for me.  Sabine was one of our exchange students back in 1987 and she knew Berlin all those years ago when she lived with us.
The bag she put it in was beautiful....
and in addition to the bracelet, she added a necklace and a key chain with Berlin's name on it.

Of course I was in tears for quite awhile.
Her work is so stunning!
After she knew I had received the package, she posted this photo....

We were getting outrageous gusts (almost 70MPH) so I went out to check on the horses.  They were nowhere to be found and there were shingles flying off both barns into the paddock.

I picked up everything and managed to get it out of there.  It weighed a ton!
In the meantime, Gary was down at St. Lukes for a Winter Serenades Concert.

So where were the ponies?  At first they were as far back in the horse barn run in as possible.  They were probably scared from the flying debris.  I opened up the aisle by Rebel's stall so they had access to what used to be Angel's stall.  They spent the rest of the afternoon in there.

There is no way they were going back out in the paddock.

I prepared a chicken and put it in the oven so it would be ready for dinner.
Then, I streamed Gary's concert and took a few videos.
Andy Stoker and Sharon Johnson.  They always do a great job!

I took the chicken out of the oven and covered it with foil while I went out for evening chores.
As soon as Gary got home he picked up several wheel barrows of shingles from the big pasture.

Dinner was ready when he came in at 6:30.
Night all.

1 comment:

Val Ewing said...

That was some wicked winds! I wonder if it was the same storm system that moved through here too. My son said they had 60+ mph winds by him and downed trees but everyone was safe.
Crazy weather.

Glad you are all okay.
We had a warm day and now it is snowing again.