Followers

Friday, August 6, 2021

#7331 Slowing Down After Yesterday

Sunny and warm.  Taking it easy.





After chores I drove to Brockport for a haircut and when I got home, decided to make a peach pie.  Posted the recipe a couple weeks ago and 5 of my friends made it before me.  All said it was delish.
6 or 7 peaches peeled...
Place in pie crust.  Then beat together 2 eggs, 1 cup of sugar and 1 cup of sour cream.

Pour over peaches (I had to take some out as I should have used my bigger pie plate).



Bake at 425 for 15 minutes, then lower the temp to 375 and bake 35 more minutes.
Have not tasted it yet but it looks great.

Little Wonder and I went out to the garden behind the Studio and I picked cucumbers, 1 zucchini and our first red tomatoes.  Then, I noticed that the strawberries have returned.  Tomorrow I am going to make a batch of cucumber relish.
Picnic food for dinner.
Yesterday I posted a lot of work by our friend Bill Stewart at his retrospective show in Buffalo.  Here is one of the pieces we have in our living room.  I'm going to have to take photos of all of them one of these days.


So nice to do nothing.
Little Wonder may have wanted a little more excitement.
Night all.



 

2 comments:

Nancy J said...

LW, too much can be tempting, just relax there, and enjoy the sunshine.We bought our strawberry plants this morning, the ever popular Camerosa, much preferred by the commercial growers for its prolific fruiting,.We shall see again this year if it lives up to the reputation, previous years it has been wonderful.

Val Ewing said...

Good for you to relax some. However, baking a pie and doing other things? Hah, you didn't relax too much! LW looks so comfy.
That artwork! Wow! I love it!
Maybe I will be an artist when I grow up. I am still trying to find my way in life!