Followers

Friday, August 20, 2021

#7345 So Long MacBook Air

Again, hot and muggy.



I must have been in another zone while cleaning stalls, as I did not even realize there was a car accident in front of our house.  By the time I finished chores there were several Sherifs and others on the scene.
Fortunately no one was hurt.  However, the dog in one of the cars was pretty scared.
A few weeks ago Gary gave me his MacBook Air as he was not using it anymore.  So excited and put everything I wanted on it. On Wednesday I was watching something and all of a sudden the screen blanked out and it started beeping.  Beep.beepbeep.5 seconds. Beep.beep.beep.  It would not stop so I called Apple for help.  I was able to stop the beeping but needed an appointment at the nearest Mac store which is 34 miles from here.  So, today I drove over and was told that there was a problem with the memory panel....around $475 to fix it.  Nope.  Didn't go for it.  I already have an iMac and an iPad....the MacBook Air was a bonus.
The flowers outside of Eastview Mall were gorgeous.




Home around 3:30 and decided to make power bowls for dinner.
Black beans (sautéed an onion, added roasted red pepper, a medium tomato, black beans and some salsa), greens, brown rice, homemade guacamole, sour cream, salsa and grated cheddar cheese.

I started the beans and rice on the stovetop, but ended up putting both in the oven.


I added a splash of Catalina dressing....Gary did not.
Make sure you mix everything up before you eat it so there is a nice blend.
A very substantial vegetarian meal.
Chore duty after dinner.  Karen and I switched as she had a golf tournament.










Night all.

PS
This was Little Wonder's gotcha day.  He arrived at out farm 5 years ago today.



 

1 comment:

Val Ewing said...

Oh is LW so lucky to have you! I bought some glads yesterday at the Farmer's Market, they are gorgeous.

Yes, my laptop is nearing the end of its life. Not sure how available other decent laptops are. I saw on one site that there was a wait of 8 weeks?

We had hot and muggy/buggy yesterday which turned into a pleasant Sunday morning.