Followers

Monday, August 23, 2021

#7348 No Power

Yesterday Gary got a package in the mail from our friend Sally Hale.  She sent him two coloring books and last night he gave one of the pages a try using colored pencils.  It was on the kitchen table when I got up this morning.  Quite awhile ago Sally sent me a couple and two more went to our friend Judy P.  Who would have guessed that coloring could be such a soothing exercise at our age?

As per usual (as of late) doing chores had me soaked within 15 minutes.  This humidity needs to take a hike.





Mid morning Gary left to run some errands and about half a mile down the road he saw a dump truck with the back still up in the air, pulling out of a parking lot and it hit the electrical lines!  Ba Boom!  A very dangerous situation for the driver. Gary called 911 and soon there was all kinds of action there.  The driver had to stay in the truck or he could have been electrocuted trying to get out.  From 9:47 until around 3:30 we had no power and they are still working to replace a couple poles and the lines.  We had no phones, tv or computers until a couple hours ago.  I guess the driver was ok, but they took him away in an ambulance.


While I was in the house reading, Ed A., our neighbor, delivered 5 face cords of wood.  Don't think any stacking will be done until it cools down.
He and his wife sat out back for a long time with Gary....catching up.


When the power goes off, we have no water so I did not get a shower until it was nearly 4.  Made a quick trip to Weggies and by the time I got back to the farm, did not feel like making dinner.  So....we went out for some Reubens.



When we got home Gary grabbed a magazine and went out back to relax.
As per usual, this humidity takes away all of my energy.
Night all.



 


2 comments:

Marcy said...

I don’t comment very much but I want you to know how very much I enjoy reading your posts everyday. I live in California, am a retired (71) college administrator, and enjoy all kinds of crafts, reading, etc. I have bad back problems and spend a lot of time sitting, so hearing about your active life is so entertaining. We have a lot in common, love of horses, dogs and cats, I have an active husband who holds down the fort, my mother is still portrait painting at 96, I could go on. Just wanted to tell you a little about me and why I enjoy reading your blog so much. Thanks for sharing.

Val Ewing said...

Wow. We didn't have power on Tuesday, but that was a planned thing and the electric company told us about it last week so we could prepare.
We are having weather like yours right now also. Hot, humid, with high dew points. The air is heavy and saturated. I am pleased to say we have electrical outlets on the porch so if I do go out there, I can set up a fan.
Your flowers look wonderful as usual.