Followers

Wednesday, August 11, 2021

#7336 Drained

This heat and humidity is so draining.  I've already taken two showers today and am ready to fall asleep.

So far so good with the horses.  They will get back to their normal diets tomorrow.
They were out in the pasture for a short time....



and then some very strong winds blew in.
Within minutes it started to pour.


By 9:45 the sun was starting to come out and I decided 
to mow the pastures.

For some reason, Rebel seems to be able to handle the heat.  His 3 buddies are under the shed roof or near the fan and he is out there chowing.



Little Wonder really prefers being in the house where it's cooler.
Around 6 I took Berlin and Rebel into the grooming room and sponged them off.  I'm sure it must have felt pretty darn good.





Threw together a last minute dinner.  Tortellini, leftover green beans and a tomato/cucumber salad from our garden.
Pretty soon we will have to start making sauce.

Ya know that strawberry pie I made (based on the peach pie recipe)?  I would not recommend doing it with strawberries....runny instead of custardy.  Too much water in the strawberries.  Tasted good.
I'm going to hit the hay early.
Night all.





 

1 comment:

Val Ewing said...

My mules were sweating around the ears and after they were trimmed, they went and rolled in the dirt! Funny mules! A storm blew in and they got washed only to mud up again.
Heat and humidity and high dew points make for lousy days to be out and about.
Hopefully this cool front that comes in tonight will come through to you.