Followers

Tuesday, August 10, 2021

#7335 Strawberries

I was having a great day until we discovered the horses got into some grain.  Don't know which one or how many, but it has me pretty upset and I will be spending a lot of time checking on them tonight.  It was hot and very muggy again.











After chores I picked strawberries....

and decided to experiment with that peach pie recipe.






It was puffy when I took it out of the oven and settled down when it cooled.
Have not tasted it yet.


All the horses got sponged off before going in their stalls and we changed their diets for tonight.  I sure hope none of them have a problem.  So far they are not showing any signs.
Going out to the barn now.
Night all.
PS
We had to spurts of rain this afternoon and during the second one Gary's 35 gallon collection container filled up with water from one downspout in 10 minutes!

 

2 comments:

Marcy said...

I love reading your blog every day! Thanks so much for sharing. Hope all the horses are ok, and you too, surviving the heat. It’s hot out here in California too, but usually not humid. I stay inside a lot🤣

Tomato Thymes said...

I also love reading your blog. Look forward to it every evening.Lisa