Followers

Thursday, August 5, 2021

#7330 "Culturized"

What a day!  So much going on it will take you forever to get through this.  I'll write everything now and just post the photos.  First, chores.  Then at 11 we drove to the Buffalo to see an exhibition of work by our friend Bill Stewart, who passed away a few months ago.  Before going to the Burchfield Penney Art Center, we went out for lunch at a restaurant recommended by the food critic for the Buffalo News.  It's called "Daniela" and the food was spectacular.  We actually had dinner (since we were going to be busy when we got back to the farm and Gary had to get ready for Summer Serenades, which featured the Rochester Philharmonic Orchestra tonight).  Many friends and colleagues came from near and far to celebrate Bill at this event.  Gary spent the remainder of the afternoon making sure everything was ready for the concert, which started at 7:30.  Home by 9 and ready to crash.



I mowed the outdoor arena...still trying to thicken up the grass.

Gary pulled out more of the onions.


Little Wonder was not thrilled to be on his own two times today, but he behaved himself and watched more of the Olympics.
Buffalo is a little more than an hour from our house.


We actually had dinner instead of lunch.


Their pizzas are very popular.  These were in a case waiting to be sold.






(This was in one of the cases in the hallway...could not resist)


















Home by 3:30.  Then.....
I woke Little Wonder up and we went outside for a walk.



We took a short nap and I was almost late getting down to the SERC.

Jenny was greeting and passing out masks.




















The sky was beautiful when I left at 9.
Night all.

PS
If you got through this entire post, you deserve a medal!!!!!






















5 comments:

Nancy J said...

I read it all, and listened to every clip, the Blue Danube was my pick, I remember dancing to this when I was a "long time ago" teenager!!! What a day, and the exhibition, quirky, different, but I would be thrilled to have any one of the pieces down here. Maybe the little person? sitting under the display table, and some so generously donated for everyone to admire.

Val Ewing said...

Oh I love that quirky art! Right up my alley!

Passing out masks. Well here it is, we are masking here again as we're moderately 'high' for Covid again. We should just rename it Covid-21. I found a really easy way to prevent glasses from fogging up! It works and makes the mask so much more comfy. Buy some white tape from the band aide section of the pharmacy and use a strip over the mask and your nose. Viola! No leakage and foggy glasses!

I keep admiring all of the beautiful art you are showing me. Wish I could go visit an art gallery...OH wait! One just opened in town!

You have a wonderful day.

lilysgrannie said...

How could we not read it all as you had such an interesting day. We too are back to wearing masks here in California although its mandated county by county. I'm wearing one despite ours is not yet mandated. Your zinnias are spectacular.

SmartAlex said...

Love the garden picture of the sweet allysum. I wish I could grow it. Mine did the best its ever done, which is- look very promising and pretty then go to seed and quit all at once.

Lori Skoog said...

Thank you all for reading my dissertation and leaving such great comments.

SmartAlex, the alyssum in that photo just comes up every year. Gary also planted a lot more in our kitchen garden and it's doing well too.