Followers

Friday, September 11, 2026

Nine Eleven


Last night while I was in bed, at 11:30pm there was a ding on my phone and I checked it out.  It was a message from my friend Andrea (Glen Darach Farm...where Buddy is) and this was a photo she had taken of the sunset while sitting outside with some friends.  They were there as their horse, who passed on this day a couple of years ago, is buried under a big tree and they go there to remember her.  Berlin is under that tree too.  It was so sad thinking about it.
On the morning of 9/11 I was just pulling into Andrea's driveway when the towers had been hit.  I was listening to the radio and did not think it could be true.  Will never forget it.

This morning, the sky was bright and the humidity did not appear.
My day started with a 10am visit to Borg Imaging for an ultra sound.  So glad they have an office in Brockport.  Of course I was concerned about what they were going to see in my kidney (which I found out is on my right side) and bladder...very relieved when I got the results in the afternoon.  No surprises.

Yet another blossom showed up.
Brenda and Al C. stopped up with some kindling for Gary and we sat out on the porch for awhile.

They also brought us some peanut butter cookies.  Perfect.  I've had nothing sweet for over a week.
Little Wonder and I took a lunch break...

and then I went out to mow the small pasture.  The grass was not as high as it is in the big pasture, but it 
still looks like a hay field.  Have not heard back from our friend who started on the big pasture and I hope his tractor is ok so he can finish one of these days
I made more apple sauce.
and hope to get more apples.
Dinner was delicious.
We both saved half of our chicken and we will have it on a salad tomorrow night.
For anyone who lives in Brockport, Jenny is going to have a garage sale tomorrow with her neighbor.  I created a FB post to advertise it and absolutely laughed my head off.  (We are Swedish, live in the Town of Sweden and she lives on Sweden Hill Road)


HAVE YOU ALWAYS WANTED TO GO TO SWEDEN?
On Saturday, September 12th come on over to Sweden Hill Road between 9am and 4pm for a GARAGE SALE. 84 and 88 will be there to greet you.

Jenny's version.....

GARAGE SALE THIS SATURDAY, 9/12 from 9am-4pm. Come by 84-88 Sweden Hill Rd., Brockport. Neighbor Jen and I are doubling up our garage sale efforts for a SUPER SALE! 
🀩🏷️πŸ‘πŸ›‹️πŸͺ‘πŸΌπŸ“šπŸšŒπŸ·️🀩
— with Jennifer Ramsay.
Night all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Down here, so far away from the strife and those Memories, I do not forget either. Berlin, you are there in our Memories too, happier ones, under a graceful tree, a sunset at the end of the day, to be with your soul,