Followers

Friday, September 25, 2026

A Real Vacation Day

42 Degrees in Rochester this morning and 45 in Brockport!  Yikes!  Plenty of sunshine and it did warm up a bit.  Little Wonder and I went out in the garden looking for raspberries to take to bridge this afternoon.  Ended up with cucumbers and tomatoes instead.



The pastures are starting to come back and I should be able to get them in shape when I mow the next time.


On my way back to the house I found some dahlias that had fallen over so I brought them in.

At 12:30 I left the farm to pick up Hanny and Bobby and headed out to Linda's.  She lives on Lake Ontario and it was a real treat to be next to the water.

Linda is the person responsible for me getting back into teaching and I wanted to check out her latest painting, which is in progress.
She is also a talented quilter and made this for her son out of his old jerseys.
Another example.
Eventually we played bridge and did not stop until after 4.  Plenty of fruit, veggies etc. and I behaved myself.  Much improved over yesterdays disastrous numbers.

We had pineapple upside down cake for dessert which was gluten free and delicious!!!
This was a great escape for all of us.


Home around 5:30.
Poached eggs and toast for dinner.  Back on track.
Night all.

 

No comments: