Followers

Saturday, September 7, 2024

Re Elect Jamie Romeo

Boy did it cool off today!  Sunshine, wind and downpours.

I went out to do morning chores early, so I could be back in the house by 8:30.




Rebel was holding his own.  Still had a minimal boot on and no bute.  A little stiff, but moving.
Jenny arrived right after I got in the house and we were busy from then on.

She and I were happy to co-host this event, as Jamie is a friend and worked her butt off to get my friend Mary Rich and I elected to the Town Board a few years ago.  We have been involved in politics for decades and have had many events here at the farm.  Jenny has been a Congressional Aide, the Chief of Staff for the Dems at the County Legislature and currently the Chief of Staff for a state assembly person.  She knows her stuff and does it well.
Anyway, the house was pretty much set up and our job was to make 5 frittatas so they would be ready when our guests arrived at 11.  I think we used about 45 eggs!  And didn't one of our guests bring four more ham/Swiss cheese/egg dishes!  We were loaded!!!


Justin (who worked with Jenny at the County Leg) arrived early along with Nayeliz S., Jaime's campaign manager.   We put them to work immediately, cutting bagels and picking raspberries.

People started arriving before 11 for the brunch/fundraiser.  About 35.
This is Harry B., Jen's boss.
Below, John is with me.  He spent a long time in the pasture with the horses and wants to come out for Spa Day.  I'm also going to teach him how to play the uke.
Several people were here from the County Clerk's Office and they were very helpful.
We had seating for about 25 and the weather was temporally nice enough for many to sit out on the back porch.


The food was yummy and Jenny served Bellinis and coffee the entire time (Prosecco and different juices).




Jaime is the second from the right.  She has been an excellent county clerk and I hope she gets reelected.
These two worked very hard on clean up....made it much easier for us.
The event went off without a hitch and we were all very happy.
It poured as soon as I started riding my trike out for evening chores....so I got wet and Little Wonder went back to the house.


Took Rebel's boot off to give him a break for the night.
Buddy was preoccupied with something and kept looking out of his stall.

Fortunately we got naps in this afternoon....Leftovers for dinner.
Night all.

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice pictures from your brunch. I believe I remember Jamie from 4-H days. She has our vote. Kathy

Val Ewing said...

Wow! That was a lot of work!

Sandra said...

Congrats on a job well done! I look at this and remember I once held large parties. I would be a total mess if I tried to do this now. You have my respect.