Followers

Thursday, September 5, 2024

Raspberries Are In

Sunny all day....cool and low humidity.

It took me forever to do chores this morning.  Soaked Rebel's foot and put on a new wrap.

He had no bute at night for the past couple of days and walked out fairly well.


After the stalls were cleaned, I mowed the lawn.


We are having a political event here on Saturday and tomorrow Jen and I will be shopping and getting the house ready for a Saturday Brunch to support our friend Jaime Romeo, who is seeking reelection as the Monroe County Clerk.
When the lawn was done, I grabbed a quick shower and went down to the library for bridge....a very crazy afternoon with weird cards.  Home around 4:30.  Jenny and Scott offered to bring up soup and sandwiches for dinner, so I thought I would make a raspberry tart.  Gary picked two large yogurt containers full to the brim.
I did not use a recipe and this is what happened.  The raspberries oozed out of the pie crust.
Jenny's soup was delicious and so were the grilled ham and cheese paninis.
At chore time Rebel walked in better than this morning and voila!  He had no boot on.  Will look for that tomorrow morning.  
Jenny went out with me. 



Tonight Rebel is barefooted.


We had dessert when we got back in the house.  (This is a sample of the raspberries Gary picked).
I had just a little and hope my stomach is receptive.
Night all.

PS
Meanwhile, Stephanie is having a great experience in Croatia.  Joe is there too.  They have friends who are on the Croatian Basketball team and were invited over for a game between the Croatian Nationals 
and the European All Stars.  They are having a ball.







 

2 comments:

Val Ewing said...

So much going on!
We had a political event one town over. President Biden came to one of our towns and talked.
Of course our area is known for its advances in clean energy with both windmills and solar panel fields that our electric company has put out.

Glad to hear that Rebel seems to be doing good!

Sandra said...

That's a bunch of tall people! Not Steph 😉 Hurrah for Rebel. May the force stay with him. The raspberries look good. I used to be very allergic to them. I'm afraid I wouldn't attend any political events here in Trumpland.