Followers

Friday, September 13, 2024

Not Again!

80 degrees with plenty of sunshine today.  Little Wonder just had to find the muddiest spot.

Rebel went out just fine.




After chores I cut up a watermelon, burned some rice (so the smoke alarm went off), tried to clean up the pot....then went out and mowed the lawn.  Gary continued working on the front porch.
Late afternoon Buddy's Mom stopped over in her 2000 Corvette that is in perfect shape.
We went out and checked on the horses.  Rebel walked in fine.

Made French toast and bacon for dinner....still not eating normal meals.
Tomorrow there is a harvest festival at the Farmers Museum and Gary got together 2 buckets of flowers that will go into a booth for flower arranging (for children and adults).  May others have also donated.
Our band will be playing there from 12:30-2pm.


So at 7:15 I went out to do chores.
This is how Rebel looked!  (Fuzzy photo).  He was lame again, favoring his front left.  Three hours earlier he looked fine.
So I put a wrap on him....AGAIN and plan to order him some boots tonight.  Light weight boots.

I am so out of gas over this!
Night all.

 

2 comments:

Val Ewing said...

For my tummy issues, I had to go to eating just whole foods and I cut so many things. I ate cooked veggies and fruit without any sauces, breads, dairy, and stayed away from any acidic foods. It helped a lot. Within a week, I was able to start adding back things I loved very slowly.
I have to do this all over again after being so sick for weeks.

I hope you can find relief for Rebel. How about Glue on padded shoes? It protects the sole and provides cushioning and allows the soles to heal. Just a thought. They are pricey, but a good solution. I had to use them on a horse I owned and after six weeks of wearing them, it really helped. She recovered and never came up lame again.

I know how stressful it can be to watch him limp.

Sandra said...

As I began reading I felt hopeful Rebel had turned the corner. Dang! Those are beautiful flowers.