Followers

Tuesday, September 3, 2024

All Over The Place

It was in the high 40s this morning!  Loved it.

Rebel was not too bad, but still hurting.  I called the Equine Clinic during chores to give them an update  and had to drive there when I was finished to pick up a million dollar container of bute.  Outrageous.  I cancelled today's appointment as I don't know what else they can do or tell me for $500.
Little Wonder rode down with me.

When I got home, went to the Rec Center to put down a deposit on the Lodge.  We had so much fun last year...3 bands and 100 of our friends.  This time we made sure it was not on the day of the Super Bowl.
Whoever planted the front garden there did an amazing job.
I called my Health Care Center and was able to get an appointment this afternoon.  Before going, I picked some veggies and rhubarb for my friend Andrea as I would pass her farm on the way home.

Checked on the boys before I left.




Andrea was mowing pastures when I got there, but we had a chance to catch up on a few things and discussed my visit with the Doctor.  Ironically, my stomach has been good all day, but I was given a perscription to help with heartburn.  I believe I had way too much acid in my system from eating too many tomato sandwiches.  So, I plan to be more careful with food choices for a few days and hope I don't need to take the meds.  I've also been very stressed about Rebel and that did not help.
Anyway, here are a few of Andrea's horses.  This shiny black girl is Poly.
She has had Amos for decades.
Lola and Wallace are her youngsters.
Her front pastures are gorgeous.
On the way home I stopped at Wegmans for my perscription and some bland food items.
Chores at 7:30.






I took off Rebel's boot, soaked his foot for 20 minutes and put on a new wrap.
Tonight he is going cold turkey and I will see if he can cut back to 1 gram a day.
No rest for the wicked.
Night all.

 

1 comment:

kruzingwithk9s said...

Try slippery elm capsules for your stomach. I have issues with my stomach and two capsules of slippery elm or marshmallow root help calm it down. It coats the stomach and medicines are thus avoided.