Followers

Tuesday, June 14, 2022

Heat is on the Way

Plenty of sunshine today and quite a bit warmer.  Tomorrow the humidity should set in.

My two greeters.








Right after chores I drove down to Tractor Supply to get some canned cat food as Wegmans did not have my brand yesterday.  Then I stopped at Aldi's to pick up some limes so I could use up some avocados that were ripe and made some guacamole.
  Gary had yoga and lunch with his buddies and I had avocado toast.  Yum.  Did not take a photo, but made a delicious smoothie with banana, mango and fresh pineapple (plain Greek yogurt and oj) for breakfast.  Split it with Gary.  We have so many strawberries now, I will have to start using more of them.  The little smoothie maker I bought yesterday works very well.

Picked more flowers for the kitchen table.  These are probably around 4 feet high in the kitchen garden and they have started falling over.  Can't remember what they are called....they were volunteers.
A friend stopped over around 2 to pick up some horse manure for his gardens and he brought us some homemade cookies.  (He is a retired chef and really knows what he's doing).  We sent him home with strawberries.  Little Wonder and I took a nap when he left.
Can you see who is sleeping in the garden across from the kitchen?

I started on dinner, then went out to tuck in the ponies.  The bugs were bad!




Dinner was easy.  I made a salad and mashed potatoes and used the leftover chicken and gravy on the top.  Yum.
Good light at the moment.
Night all.


2 comments:

Sandra said...

I'm sorry we are sending you this weather. It was mid nineties and very humid today. It drops overnight and is about 70 tomorrow. Then it starts all over again. 100 on Monday! Hot the rest of the month. Maybe your weather will come from somewhere else.I did see who was sleeping in the kitchen garden. :)

Anonymous said...

the flowers look like Batchelor Buttons