Followers

Saturday, May 1, 2021

Post #7233 It Snowed Last Night!


The tulips on our kitchen table changed a lot by 7:30am.










I was not thrilled to have had snow last night.


It was 34 degrees when I went out to the barn.








Fortunately it warmed up and all the snow melted.







I'm sure the ponies were enjoying it.




Our strawberry plants are really shaping up....
and I can't believe some of the rhubarb plants have bolted.  We are ready to start picking it.
Look who thinks it's a good place to snooze on the warm dirt under the leaves.

Gary planted a couple of pear trees today.  I hope they survive and do well.

We had chicken salad topped with poppy seed dressing for dinner....delicious.
Chore duty...




and back in the house....
just in time to see the Kentucky Derby.  I always hope that no horses get hurt, and there were 19 of them this year.  55,800 people were there and that was only 40% of the regular crowd.  147 years of this tradition and I still am not that hot for horse racing.

Night all.







 

2 comments:

Nancy J said...

I don't watch races now, it makes me panic at the thought of an accident. Love your garden and grassy paddock views. We will have a frost tonight, the start of the winter maybe.

Val Ewing said...

Snow! Oh wow. Well, we had some cold nights the past week with a lot of frost but right now we are evening out with temps staying around 40 at night. Well, I hope so for a while.