Followers

Wednesday, March 17, 2021

Post #7188. Now That's More Like It....

Started off around 30 degrees and ended up a little over 50.  The quartet was eventually able to go naked.  Of course the next two days are going to be cold





After chores I ran a couple errands and then washed the kitchen floor.
It's hard to keep clean with all the activity....in and out.  I would never put in these art deco black and white tiles again. They've been there for nearly 40 years and I would love to put in a new floor.  The room is 18 x 32 so it's a very big project. 




As soon as the blankets were off, Angel and Elliott went nuts.









Got back in the house and messed around with my uke.
Used my little point and shoot camera to record part of a song,
then tried to figure out some harmony and recorded again.  Kind of a strange little experiment.
At 4:15 I started on dinner.  My Mom used to make this and called it "Poor Man's Perogies."
I sliced up some Polish sausage and an onion, which I sautéed.
In the meantime, I heated up some sauerkraut...
and eventually added it to the mix.
Then I threw in a shot of cider vinegar and a heaping tablespoon of brown sugar.
Added celery salt and fresh ground pepper....
then 1 can of cream of mushroom soup and some milk.
Stirred that up....
then added some sour cream.
Normally I would combine this with wide egg noodles, but I didn't have any so used what was on hand.
Covered it and put it in the oven to heat through.
The afternoon sun was spectacular....just what I needed.


Dinner was delicious.
Night all.



 

1 comment:

Nancy J said...

Look at your late afternoon sunshine. Those kitchen tiles, my Mum and Dad had those in their last home, and they always looked like that was just where they should be. You have a huge room, that would be a huge task to redo the whole floor. Yummy meal as always.