Followers

Saturday, March 6, 2021

Post #7177 Skoog Farm Adventures

Another crispy day.






After cleaning the stalls I raked the indoor as a neighbor was bringing her horse over to do some flat work.  She is preparing for a virtual dressage test that is taking place in England and the ground has been so frozen, working outside was not a great option.
His name is Merlin and he is an absolute hunk.  I believe he will be 9 years old.
He is boarded around the corner so they just walked over.






What a sweet giant!

A few months ago I posted about our friend Harald, from Norway.  We met him at the Welcome Center and he was on a 10 year Journey around the world in his sail boat.  It ended early as he was in a very bad storm and the boat took on water and sank.  Do you remember seeing the video of him being saved by the cargo ship?  Here is a short clip.  They got there just in time....his sailboat was at the bottom of the ocean.

Out of the blue, Harald contacted us a few months ago and told us what happened.  A friend read what I had posted on FB and suggested that I tell a magazine about it and they went for it.  Today I picked up several copies and here it is. You can click on this site to read it.


The writer interviewed me and was going to write about my Journal, but I convinced her that it should be about Harald.  So, she contacted him in Norway and did a great job telling his story.
Thank you Christine Green!

The sunset was beautiful tonight....just about the time
I went out to tuck in the ponies.

It's every man for himself tonight for dinner.  Looks like leftover cream of asparagus soup is on tap.

Night all.

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I made the asparagus salad tonight for us as I had everything. Very good! Thanks for the recipe idea. Kathy

thecrazysheeplady said...

Crazy! :-o